View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Getting low, I want to know how to get REAL low. 

Trying to get as far down as has been done. How? Drop axle? Baggin'? Has anyone found an axle for another truck that fits (even if it's a challenge). I see low trucks and want to get at least as low as I have seen. Any ideas? Thanks
By the way I took my wife through a tour of your photos, some very creative stuff goin on. Gives us inspiration.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:52 pm
Lead Flunky

I am going to be starting on my newest econo as soon as I can get it to the house. It's a V-8 pick-up and I would like to have it low as well.

In the past I had a V-8 truck that was very low but ran into clearance issues with the axle and everything above them.
I have seen rigs on air bags, leafs removed from the spring packs and some with custom dropped axles.
However I have been sketching and toying with the idea of a coil sprung independent front end similiar to the ones from fatman fab (pinto style)
Just need to get the econo here and do some measuring etc to see if it is even doable, I have all needed parts here if the measurements work out.

Anyone seen this done?
Thoughts?

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]