View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bailey Mods - Look Ma... no hinges. 

Bailey is a 1962 p/up. She'll be painted Bailey's Irish Cream on the topside (hence the name) and Kahlua down under. Both go well with coffee... fitting since my last name is Coffey.
Anyway, Bailey was purchased as a new get-around for my business and I've decided to restore her over the winter and do a few mods. One of which is getting rid of the front door hinges. The mod is actually complete less the lift supports to open the doors, with just bodywork left to do. I haven't fit the new weatherstrips yet but since the door gaps and spacing are good the w/strips should be good. I used tailgate door hinges off a 1994 Isuzu Trooper. I have detailed pics of the build and more info if anyone is interested. Additional Bailey mods include, but not limited to: LED tail lights, vertical split smoothie tailgate & roll pan, tilting front seats, keyless entry (shaved handles), airconditioning, a floor mount 5 speed (I got that one figured out), and a 2.2 GM I-4 engine. okay... okay... I know. I'm adding a foreign object to my "FORD" but here's the thing... it fits without cutting the doghouse. A/c included. I do have a few things to figure out yet but it will happen. I picked up the donor 1994 S-10 yesterday so the tailgate and other mods wait until I get this pile out of the way. I'm heading to the junkyard again because the exhaust manifold poses a slight problem being too wide. So far a 1998 chevy Beretta manifold will work and I'm going to try the 1987 Pontiac Sunbird. Bother are 2.0 motors. Almost forgot... 4 whl disks. Rear is 11" crown vic and front will be a custom application with probably Geo Metro master cyl and booster. If you want more info or pics as I go along lemme know. Paul in Idaho.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:01 am

Now that is one big to do list! Keep us posted on the progress. Do you have a website?

Sitting here thinking why does it take me a week of planning to change the oil ;-)

Jim in CA

Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:53 pm

I definitely would be interested in pictures and info and I'm sure there are others like myself who are attempting some of these mods for the first time that would be grateful.

Mine has some body work to be done before I start anything else major so I will be following your work closely. Good luck.

Reg

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:52 pm

I will be creating a web site soon (hopefully) and there will be pics and details of what's happening. Currently, the engine and trans is pulled from the donor S-10 and measured. I will be running the same length drive shaft give or take an inch. The 5 spd shifter will sit just in front of the horizontal cross member and will use a dual push-pull cable system from the shifter on the trans (modified) to a (probably) VW Bus shifter mounted by the E-brake handle. Simple, tall & just plain neat. B&M quickSilver shifter cables will be used. I'll have more to share once I get into that. But first... it's electrical for the ECM and other such climate control elements. I'm not looking forward to it.
Paul in Idaho

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:46 pm

The simplest way I could figure how to create a web site with pics on the progress of Bailey was to create a Yahoo! group. To use... go to yahoo.com and on the left is a navigation bar. Click on "Groups". In the 'search for' block type in "howsbaileydoing" aka How's Bailey Doing? and click on search. Join the group to view pics, post blogs, ask questios, etc. I have a more extensive library of pics that are not in the albums if anyone is interested in more details on a particular album to follow along on. You can also see Hannah... my first real & complete resto mod. I would still like to use this forum as well for the econoline purists and info in general for all to share/see. Pics of the engine swap coming soon. Test fit of the new motor is complete and Awesome! Paul in Idaho

Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:59 pm

i would love to see what you have done to Bailey. i think you and i think alike. i had some plans for my econoline that seem similar to what you are doing/ plan to do.

anyways, i joined your user group (cootermohaa) but i can still only see one picture.

Vic

Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Not sure why you cannot see pics. Try sending me a message thru "howsbaileydoing". If you are unable to... maybe there was one more "click" to make so you could join? Hmm. Paul

Tue May 27, 2008 6:21 am

Hey Paul, it appears that if you want to view your photos you have to click on the tab that says "PHOTOS" lol. i promise, im usually more computer savvy than that.

i really like what you have done. keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

thanks,

Tue May 27, 2008 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]