View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 1962 Econoline Pick-up Pictures 

Newbie here just joined last month but haven't had a chance to post anything. So here are a couple pictures of my 62 i just got on the road last month.

Here's the story, short version, father-in-law give this truck to my wife and i on the condition that if we ever sold it we would have to sale it to him for whatever we put into. Truck had been sitting in father-in-laws land for 10-12 years waiting to be put back together, 2 years ago got flooded from some big rain storm. We got it last year in April. Cleaned out the interior changed the oil and rigged up a funnel to hold gas. New starter and battery and we had the truck running with plenty of leaks from the carb.

1 year later and a couple new parts like a carb rebuild kit, new brakes, bearings, front drums, gas tank repair, rebuilt generator, all new fluids, and a total of 536.30 dollars later we have it running on the road with the 10-12 year old plugs, wires, points, and belt. ~93,000 original miles on the 144 cu in motor. Everything it original and i plan to keep it that way.

enjoy the pictures. Plan is to get it mechanically sound, than new paint, disc brakes, and the list goes on and on from there.

Sat May 10, 2008 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

That looks like a nice solid truck. Sounds like a tough little motor to. Econos are a blast to drive. Don't you love how simple they are? Keep us posted on your progress.

Mon May 12, 2008 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

That looks like a nice solid truck. Sounds like a tough little motor to. Econos are a blast to drive. Don't you love how simple they are? Keep us posted on your progress.
Simple in deed but always a challenge to get parts or not break rustly old bolts off.

Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 am
Profile WWW

Ahhh yes. Twisted off bolts. I cursed for a week after I replaced the exhaust manifold gasket on mine. All knuckles thouroughly skinned and three helicoils later I had it done. Nothing I could have done to get them to come out. They were so old, softened from the heat and just plain stuck. It was only to get better from there.

Wed May 14, 2008 8:07 pm
Profile WWW

Dave, so far i've only broke one bolt on the rearend cover and 6 to 8 between the skid plate and grill mounts. Nothing like trying to take a simple skid plate off for better cleaning and access to end up breaking 1/2 the bolts....hope i remember how that goes brake together once i get new bolts!!!

Wed May 14, 2008 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]