View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Has anyone seen my old van??? 

Hello group. I'm a newbie here, but I'm an old Econoline enthusiast. When I was a teenager, back in the late 60's, I bought and built/restored a '61 Econoline that I loved. At that time, I was in Northern KY, near Cincinnati. In the 70's, I moved to the Chicago suburbs, and sold it around '77 or '78? Haven't seen it since. Was wondering if anyone has seen it turn up? Or, maybe you might even own it now? Here's a list of what I did to it, and maybe it rings a bell?

It was originally a teal color '61 van, white smooth roof, no windows with a 144.
I put in a newer 200ci 6, later model back doors with pop out windows and license frame/light on the door.
Later model rear bumper, custom made split front quarter bumpers made from an early front bumper.
Amber front lenses w/ trim rings.
Black Toyota reclining bucket seats with headrests
5 spoke mags
Painted it dark GM metallic blue, with white front and rear stripes, starting in the roof cavities and continuing down front and rear.
Later model fold away trucker style mirrors with turn signal lamps integrated by me.
Cargo area was carpeted with black carpet, bench built on long side, and wood paneling with a large "Keep on Truckin" decal applied. Wood panels made for front door inserts.
Had a mini crystal chandelier in the rear dome light.
Had an Oldsmobile AM/FM radio in the dash and wood contact paper applied to dash.
Had a Sun Tach on the dash.
Left rear door lower hinge had considerable rust which I removed/rebuild by welding in angle iron to support the hinge. Had some lesser rust in rockers and elsewhere which probably got worse.

A photo of it is attached, taken in 1973.
If you've seen it or have any info, I'd love to hear from you. Message me here, or email mhkitchen@aol.com.

Thanks much!
MK

Attachments:
File comment: Anyone seen this van?? Was last known in/around Chicago area, late 1970's.
MK61Econoline.jpg
MK61Econoline.jpg [ 139.74 KiB | Viewed 14767 times ]
Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]