View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hi, I am a new guy, and I have some questions 

:D I am in the process of acquiring a 62 PU, and before I make the final decision I would like to know: It is a 5 lug and I have been told that this is unusual, is this so and what difference will it make? Are such things as heater cores, windshields,wiring harnesses, front suspention parts (tie-rod ends etc) readily available outside of a junk yard/swap meet? Has anyone tried converting to Mustang II front suspention?

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:00 pm

I had a 61 with 5 lug and my current 66 pu is 5 lug as well, typical ford pattern, parts are still being prduced, cores, windshields and ft. end pts, wiring you need to go to lectric limited ,they will have all your needs. I have the new glass for windshield for $130. new PPG. Tinted not shaded.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:04 pm

Look here to order a free Mac's catalog online. They have a lot of parts for the Econolines.
Post some pics when you get it!

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:22 am

Hi, thanks for the info. I have an order in for the Mac's catalog and have been having some luck finding other parts. I was wondering how I can go about getting my truck real low in the front. I can see that there is alot of room between the axle and frame, but I need to get even lower and still want some travel. Does anyone know of a swap out for a drop axle from some other truck? I know it wouldn't be easy but if it has been tried I'd like to know how. :?: While on this subject anyone tried baggin' one of these?

Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Swifty,Jimmy Shadow runs Lincoln airbags on his 61 Econo. Check out his site. Search for Shadoworksart and it ll pop up.
Most folks just flip the axle/spring setup to lower it. In other words put the springs under the axle. Some remove some of the leafs. Not too many folks have swapped in front clips so I cant help ya there.
A word of warning though,going too low will only cause you problems lkie beat up oil pans,bellhousings,radiator and so on since they hang kinda low already. I just replaced a radiator and oil pan in the one I sold recently after it took one too many blows from bottoming out. It sat way too low because it also had low profile tires on it.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]