View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 240-300 engine swap/ Z bar rollers 

So I bought a 300 six out of an 87 F150 to swap for my tired 240 motor. There are a few things that just don't work out when they say this is a straight up swap. Parts you need to keep from the old motor include........

1) The old oil pan and oil pump pick up tube (because the deep part is all the way forward by the cross member)
2) The right angle oil filter adapter (orients the filter vertically to avoid interference with the floor)
3) Crankshaft pulley
4) Carb/intake/exhaust (None of the EFI setup will fit in the doghouse)

-Unfortunately, the much desired EFI cast iron headers won't work without cutting the floor and expanding the doghouse. They bolt up but terminate right even with the floor and not enough room to work a bend to the exhaust.

-I swapped the distributor to retain the Duraspark II ignition I had already put on the 240.

-The dip stick has been moved to the back side of the distributor on the newer 300, so it hits the shallow part of the old 240 pan instead of the well.

Now I found the mounting hole for the clutch z bar roller stud is stripped out. $30 for the Helicoil kit, $25 for the 17/32" drill bit.

Does anyone know about the clutch z bar engine stud and rollers? I'd like to replace them but have found the rollers alone at C&G's. They offer a new stud with roller for $20, but it is listed for several other Ford's and not the Econo. Anyone know if these will work?

Thanks for any advice you may have. :?

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]