View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Where do tail light wire run? 

How did ford run the wires from the cab to the tail lights? It appears that someone as re-wired the tail lights and they have the wire wrapped around the gas line and just hanging here and there. Did the wires run thru the box channel or just on the side like the gas line. Any help would be great. I figured I would rerun the wires along the box channel with clips to hold the wire, but if they went thru the box I could see about doing that too.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:57 am
Profile WWW

My 61 econoline pickup has the factory wiring running just under the lip of the bed rail. The complete path is from dash, to the window pillar, then running up over the door and back down to about where the door latch will be, then it follows the seam out to a pluged hole at the back of the cab, runs along the bed rail to the back drivers side tail light, into a hole just under the light at the fuel box along the bottom to the the tag lights and fuel sender wire then along the bottom some more and comes back out just under the passenger side tail light.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:59 am

Wow, all that just to get wires to the tail lights! Awesome thanks for the info i'll see if I can make the wires follow that path.

I knew something was wrong when the wires go from the dash thru the clutch pedal rubber boot down along the lower channel rail wrapped around the fuel line and up over into the bed to the tail light.

thanks again.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]