|EZ wiring in our 1961 truck info hope this helps
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||keepnscore [ Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:33 pm ]|
|Post subject:||EZ wiring in our 1961 truck info hope this helps|
I installed a new wiring harness and went from a 6V generator to a 12V alternator in our 1961 Econoline. I used an EZ wiring harness and I wanted to post some information on this for others trying to do the same thing. Some facts to keep in mind:
1) I made a mounting plate for the fuse panel out of 16GA steel and mounted it just forward of the gas pedal using existing holes in the floor.
2) I installed new wire runs along the front of the truck from the headlights to the heater box on both driver and passenger sides of the truck.
3) When installing the new headlight switch, I plugged the wires directly into the blade connectors on the switch.
4) The wire run for the back of the truck goes though the channel above the head light, up the door post, over the top of the door, down the back of the door and out just behind the driver.
5) The truck had no turn signal switch or hardware for that when we purchased it. I wired in a signal stat 900, (garage sale score). The signal stat uses the flasher that is intalled into the EZ fuze block.
6) The wiring for the back of the truck was short by a lot. I had to add wire to make them the correct length. I used butt connectors and heat shrink.
I’ve attached a few pictures that might help.
wiring1.JPG [ 111.41 KiB | Viewed 14853 times ]
sigstat900.jpg [ 111.48 KiB | Viewed 14853 times ]
switch1.jpg [ 114.93 KiB | Viewed 14853 times ]
|Author:||keepnscore [ Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:45 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: EZ wiring in our 1961 truck info more pictures|
Here are a couple more pictures. One is the passenger side floor showing the grommet, new channel and wiring. The other is directy behind the driver where the wiring comes out of the door post and goes to the back of the truck.
wiring3.JPG [ 234.53 KiB | Viewed 14852 times ]
wiring4.JPG [ 116.9 KiB | Viewed 14852 times ]
|Author:||keepnscore [ Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: EZ wiring in our 1961 truck info hope this helps|
Does anyone want me to re-post the pictures? Since the site came back up the old pics are gone.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group