View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Newby 

Hello. I just joined this site. I am currently 85% finished with my 61 5-window pickup. Currently im putting together the interior, mostly myself. I left the stock 144 and 3-speed in the truck as I didn't have the heart to change it out (still runs great). Ill post some pics soon. Mostly just wanted to say hello. Located in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:41 am

Good to have you here.
Mines is almost ready for paint. Lots of block sanding. Those sides are long and hopefully flat.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:17 am

Hey Cornhead!!
I'm just down the road from you! About 40 miles to be exact. I'm just getting my 61 roadworthy too! It has a few modifications, but should be ready by this spring for a
road trip. Keep in touch here on the forum & maybe we can get together soon. M.S.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:51 pm

Absolutely! One of these days ill get some pics posted....kind of waiting till I get the front bumper powder coated and re-mounted. Did you go all stock on your drive train?

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 am

Yea, i went stock, stock 351W, stock AOD & stock 8.8 positrac. Body is mostly stock for now, I'm going to get some miles on it before we get too carried away
on paint & interior. It runs & drives now but its not licensed or insured yet. I'll probably wait till spring for that. I've got a lot of small things to take care of now.
I would like to take a look at your truck, sometime, And you could see mine. We'll just have to work it out sometime soon. Later! M.S.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Mine is stock engine (144 6cyl) and 3 on the tree. I would love for it to be a small V-8 and auto....but that seemed like a huge undertaking and my engine runs great. I didn't have the heart to pull it. The truck had never had any serious repair and was mostly un-modified. I had the front springs rebuilt and dropped the nose 2.5". I went with the original dark green and added the white around the cab. But I wanted a real 60's look so it now has torq thrust wheels. I'm doing the interior myself...which is a hoot let me tell you. Any idea where I can find a speedometer cable by the way???

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:47 am

I might have a spare speedo cable, as mine is about a foot too short. (heard that somewhere before) Anyway, I'm looking to find a longer cable, I'm not sure
how long the original is as I haven't measured it yet. Anyone know of a longer cable that works? I'm going to try one from my 86 van, but i think it may be too short also.
If I remember right, someone used to make a universal cable, and you cut it to length. But maybe that was only the inner cable itself. Could just get the app for your smart
phone and make a mount for your phone on the dash! (This is as per Hot Rod magazine)

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:39 am

I just bought a speedo cable from a guy in @ SSC http://www.speedometersolutions.com/spe ... _cable.htm. It was around $55.00 for plastic and 70 for steel. The measured length on my '62 pickup is 128" Do any of you know where I can get a drive gear for my speedo? (the one inside the tranny, not the one on the end of the cable)

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:12 am

I think I have figured out its not my speedo cable but the speedometer that's defective. I'll probably need to send it in for repair.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:39 am

dick w. wrote:
Do any of you know where I can get a drive gear for my speedo? (the one inside the tranny, not the one on the end of the cable)

The drive gears differ in the number of teeth they have based on the rear axle ratio.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]