View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Clifford Performance, Which Headers? 

I am planning to install a set of tubular headers from Clifford Performance and was wondering if anyone has fit these to a 200 inch 6 in a Early (63) PU. Clifford does not list any for that truck but they offer 2 and one should fit. :?:

Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:22 am

I have Clifford Headers on my mustang, which is a 250, and had some fitment trouble around the starter but otherwise they seem fine. I used the dual outlet headers as I wanted true dual exhaust, I also ditched the port divider, just rattled mostly.

You might try the classicinlines forum or vintagevans.forum as well as this one. Mike at classicinlines might also know the answer.

Good luck, sounds like a cool truck.

Jim Reese (formerly from CA)

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:24 am
Profile WWW

Isn't the port divider from Clifford intended to be a welded in thing? If so, how can it rattle? I only ask because I'm thinking of buying the same set-up and I've been told it's worth some extra horsepower to put it in. :?:

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:59 pm

Amish you are correct. Mine was supposed to be welded in but I was told an untruth. That explains mine. I have spoken with several others on the classicinline forum and they have had similar trouble with the part coming loose.

In terms of added performance I am not sure. I noticed an increase after the headers and the HEI distributor but could tell no change after removing the divider.

I have been told it is not necessary but others say it is.

I am in the process of redoing the entire engine using a new alum head from classicinlines.

Jim

Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]