View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Camshaft and carbs anyone? 

So I was look'n at the tech section on another site and found that it might be possible to squeeze out a little more go from my 200 CI 6 if for one thing I use a cam from a 250 or a mildly tuned after market cam (252-254 degrees)While I am not at all crazy about switching out the cam from new newly rebuilt longblock I am considering this modification along with some other mild mods such as an after market carb(works for me as I ain't too crazy about using a rebuilt carb).

SO, Anyone know where I can purchase:

1) A cam in the above discribed grind

2) A Carter YF or RBS (feedback re. one vs. the other would be GREAT)

3) A Weber DGES (anyone tried one O these?).

I am just trying to sort out this engine, make some useable power and not reinvent the whole internal combustion thing. I am indeed chicken shit and don't want to wade through every technical artical ever written on the subject and spend the entire winter scouring the web looking for a few good parts.

I am a simple man, please forgive me.

Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:29 pm

Check out the classicinlines web site. Mike has spent the last three years designing and producing parts that do just what you want. He has cam, valves, springs, timing sets, headers, pistons and internal parts, manifold and a new cylinder head to improve the performance of the 177, 200 and 250.

His site is very informative and you will find what you seek.

Jim Reese(now of MO)

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:10 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the suggestion but I already went there and all that they list under "induction/carbs and adapters" for small sixes is a couple of 2 barrel adapters.Just checked again to be sure.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:46 am

I believe the manifold is due out this month and will be able to take a 2 or 4 bbl carb. He has all the other toys to pump up the power and torq.

Jim

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:51 am
Profile WWW

go to the "small block" forum on ford 6 .com. what they aint done to 6's cant be done...

Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]