View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Engine Cubic inch and a 67 Master cylinder? 

Guys,
I am new to this club and owning a 1965 pannel van. Love it!!

My question is how do I figure out what size 6cyl I have. The air cleaner is missing were I would think it would be displayed. Would there be a way to know off of the ID tag on the door jam?

Also, do you know were I can find a two resivor 1967 master cylinder?
I think I tried everywhere.

Thanks for any help in advance
John

Mon May 12, 2008 7:49 pm

Where are you located? Your van sits really high! Almost like a 4WD. Yes, the door tag will tell alot about your van. I have a shop manual. If you post the #'s I can tell you what you've got. As you may have found the '67 has a unique one year only master cyl. '61-'66 had a single circut brake cyl. '67 duals are very hard to come by. They are out there though. Is yours missing? If you have one it can be sleeved and rebuilt. If not, just finding a good core is half the battle. A NOS one sold for about $450 on Ebay. I had my core nicely restored and ready to bolt on for $160.

Mon May 12, 2008 8:52 pm
Profile WWW

Would the single circuit brake cyl for the 61-66 model work. Seems like a single cyl one plus the D&D disc brake conversion would work better than the dual cyl with 4 drums. And might be close in price if the ebay master cyl sold for 450. Just my 2 cents.

Wed May 14, 2008 7:37 am
Profile WWW

I live just outside of Milwaukee, wi
I will post the tag number tomorow.
I have a single cyl master in it right now but was just looking for safety. I did find a dual Wilwood master with remote tanks in Summit racing for $67 It looks close and easy to modify to mount. Here's the link.
I gave up on finding one for the 67.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch ... toview=sku

The guy i got it from had 4in blocks in the front and high arched rear springs. I got the stock ones with the van and will swap them out ASAP

SuperSonicFX4,
If you think the single will work better with front disk, I will just rebuild it?

Thanks,
John

Sun May 18, 2008 8:45 pm

here are my numbers

090 M E140 B89 A 01

and on second line

3600 129 4000 72

Thanks,
John

Mon May 19, 2008 10:43 am

SuperSonicFX4,
If you think the single will work better with front disk, I will just rebuild it?

Thanks,
John
John, I can't say 1st hand how well a single master cylinder and disc brakes work, but have talked couple few times with Dennis of D&D brake username "Uglytruck" I would talk to him. He designed the system and sold many and can have you talk to many people who have the system in their econolines. I agree a dual master cylinder is the way to go for safety, but like a said the 1st time I would put my money on a front disc brakes single master cyl over dual master with front drums.

Contact Dennis he can help you.

Tue May 20, 2008 6:38 am
Profile WWW

Disc brakes and dual masters are 2 completey different things. A single master with disc brakes is not "safer" than a dual with drums. Discs are great but if you spring a leak with a single bowl master yer still screwed regardless of disc or drum brakes. Sierra Specialties is the place to have a dual resleeved fairly cheap so Ive been told. I just got a 67 parts van in with a dual setup. I was gonna run it on ebay but I ll take $250 for it if you are interested before I list it. That includes the pedal that you need also since it's different than a 61-66 style.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]