View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Hello Everybody! 

First, Thanks Dean for setting my account up, 2nd, this place need's some new Active members, thats where i come in.... I am the new owner of a first year Econo pick up, 1961 ragoon red and white 5 window, a little rough right now but give me a few months and it will be looking Fine!
Still sports all the 13 inch rims, it came with the 144 I6 which is out of the truck, I plan to install a 302 automatic which is in my 79 f100 parts truck.

Now, this is not my first Econoline pu, 20 years ago i owned a 63 E100 pick up with a 200 I6, I drove that truck for 10 years, even in the south west desert over 110 deg.... OK the REAL reason i joined up is to locate some parts, I can not BS you guys for too long!

I'm looking for a Big six crossmember to complete my swap and maybe some guidance in doing the swap. I have a lead on a 9 inch rearend for it,
thinking that the D&D disc brakes would be nice to have.

If any of you can help me out or if you just want to say hi, please do so.
Thanks to all!

one last thing.... can we post pic's???

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Welcome Bill. Sadly, this forum is very quiet nowadays. I joined last year, and it has gone from being very quiet to uninhabited.... I haven't started my Econoline project yet, so don't have any questions/advice to post at the moment. I do frequent some other van forums that are busier than this one, but i mainly just browse those without posting too much.

You can post pics, you just need to host them somewhere. Here is mine:

Sy

www.frankenstein-minis.co.uk

Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:12 am

Thanks Sy, I have seen your posts on other sites VantAGE.com, FTE and one other i think, Yes it is a shame this place is dead.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:24 pm

I haven't posted up on here yet even though I joined up about 4 months ago. I am still waiting to go get my 61 from my parents house in Washington to bring it back to Idaho. I got it for free back in May and only had time to do some quick drooling over it. Some previous owner swapped in a 289 and the motor won't turn over. I plan on going to get it in the next month!

Maybe we can revive this forum!

Karl

Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:06 am

Hello Econosaurus, looks like we have the same truck! here is a pic...

I have not started working on my new project yet, i have been busy with my 65 F100 truck. It is frame off and today im putting the leaf springs back together, install the rear end so i can get it back to a roller and put the cab back on.

Thanks for posting guys..... together we can breathe some life back into this place.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:38 am

If I didn't know better I would have thought that you stole mine!

Very cool! Definitely going to have to compare notes with you once we both get started on our projects.

Where did you get the color information on yours? A friend of my parents that has an Econoline "decoded" the VIN on mine and said that it was MonteCarlo Red and Corinthian White. Just curious.

I used to be into muscle cars when I was in high school and for a while after in the mid 70's. Got into motorcycles a few years ago and now have 5 mid 80's Hondas. I have been spoiled by being able to have 4 of them in my 1 and 1/2 car garage while I am working on them. They are going to have to go out back to fit the Econosaurus in so that I can work on it over the winter.

I'll post up later with some "progress" pics.

Karl

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:08 pm

BTW, throw up a pick of your 65. What is Dean going to do, ban us for noneconoline stuff?

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:18 pm

changing out the 240 3spd for a 289 C4 combo, power steering and power disc brakes. 65 mustang buckets and some other dodads and it will be my daily driver.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Both of them are very nice looking trucks! You are obviously a Ford fan.

I am on my 4th Ford truck. !974 F150, 1975 F250, 1991 F150 (198,000 miles, bought it new, sold it 13 years later for above blue book.), 2003 F250 4x4 V10 (awesome truck, I call it TRux).

My dad and brother have had more Fords than me. My dad has a 1937 Ford truck that he has owned longer than I have been around (50+ years).

I'll throw up a pic of the '37 one of these days. Nothing fancy, it was a rat rod before the term was ever used...

Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]