View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Radiator help please for my 61 truck 

We bought a 61 econo truck and the radiator is no good. I have been searching and searching for a replacement with no luck. Can anyone point us in the right direction for the proper radiator? The biggest problem has been the mounting brackets\flanges. Thanks.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Contact your local (or nearest big city) radiator shops. A "real" radiator shop, one that actually repairs them, can make up or re-do all parts of the radiator. If you absolutly need a brand new one and/or your local source's wimp out try US Radiator, 6710 S. Avalon blvd. LA Ca. 900003 PHONE 323 826-0965. Rumer has it in Charlotte NC a radiator supply house has them in stock but I do not have a confirmed name. Worse comes to worse I have a used one I could sell you but still it would have to be freshend up. Terry @ Econoline Connection 1961-1967 E-100 parts, service, resorations V8 swaps etc. (919) 231-0020

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:20 pm

I ended up getting a radiator from a large shop in Tacoma, WA. It was custom built for a mustang, but the buyer never showed up to get it. After a couple of minor changes, it fits perfectly and was reasonably priced. Our local radiator shop closed down after some trouble with the EPA, (so the rumor goes).

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]