View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 new guy needs oil pan/ pushrod help 

I'm new to the site looking all over for answers. I am restoring a 62 5 window truck. I bought it the 200 is out of a maverick needed rebuilt I am looking for an oil pan it has a mid sump pan I would like to know if that is even the right pan for my econoline if so it has a huge hole and I cannot fix it. I would like any information on where to find one. Also I rebuilt the motor mostly stock bored .020 and a mild cam I see pushrods come in slightly longer and shorter the block and head have only a few thousands taken off should I go with stock length or what also they offer some with or without oiling holes mine factory did not should I get ones with them in? Also the rockers are non adjustable. Any info on either of these issues are greatly appreciated.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm
Lead Flunky

Not 100%, never had to deal with it but I would think that a mid sump or rear sump pan would work just fine.
The last oil pan I bought new for a small 6 was from napa, they had to order it in, took a couple of weeks.
On the pushrods, if you only took off a total of a few thousands you should be ok with stock, if you can get the new ones shorter by the same amount you had removed I would think that would be about perfect. If it came with solid pushrods I would stay with those.

If anyone knows any different please chime in. :)

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:03 pm
Profile WWW

A rear sump pan will not work due to the crossmember . Napa has no listing for a pan do you know if a mustang uses a mid sump? Maybe I don't know I'm running out of options and getting really pissed :x

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:24 am
Lead Flunky

Classic inlines lists one, sadly theu say out of stock.
http://www.classicinlines.com/products.asp?cat=57

Macsautoparts is showing one.
http://macsautoparts.com/oil-pan-170-20 ... HL1080248/

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 pm
Profile WWW

Here's the deal I called CJ pony parts in Harrisburg they had a pan for a mustang 200 I live close so I went over and matched it up it is the same pan only has a little extra clearance at the back of the sump to clear the steering on a mustang. It was on sale for $129 . Just to let the next person know before they pull their hair out like me a mustang oil pan from 64 to 70 will work and is almost identical. Classic inlines said nobody reproduces a pan for any inline 6 but I found one! Thanks for all your help

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 pm
Lead Flunky

Cool, good info.
Thanks for the update.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]