View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Emblems, tailgate, glass, seats 

Hello al. As the title indicates, I have a multitude of questions. I am considering purchasing a 61 truck. Question number one, how hard is it to find a side emblems and how much should it cost? 2nd, the tailgate on this particular truck is shorter tha.n the average tailgate. I was tsold that this is a rare and desirable tailgate. Can anyone confirm that. 3rd. The window on the driver side door is broken, again, hard or easy to find and how much am I looking at? 4th. The passenger seat is missing, how hard is it to find a replacement, what other Ford vehicle would b a good replacement. 5th. Is anybody still making weather stripping for the windows? I will add a few pics of the truck I'm thinking of buying. The electrical works but the engine needs help, possibly rebuilt or replace. After I post the pics maybe you guys can give me a ballpark of what I should expect to pay.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:33 pm

cant seem to get pics small enough to add, so here is a link to them via photobucket
http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/penja ... 4918968008

Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:56 pm

ok, when you click on photobucket link, click on " 61 ford econoline " folder and should be able to view pics.. thanks

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Lead Flunky

Hi and welcome.
I have heard about the short tailgates but that's about it.
Weatherstripping can be found, there is info on it at www.vintage-vans.com
The other parts can also be found, swap meets, wrecking yards, ebay etc... just need to keep an eye out.
Pricing will basically be dictated pending where they are found.
On the seats I have used Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota etc.. just about any narrow seat works.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

The short tailgate was designed so it could rotate all the way down without touching the ground, so you could back the truck up to a loading dock. It usually comes without a rear bumper.

Tailgates for these trucks are very rare. Many rusted out over time. The tailgate alone could be worth $500 to $600.

Parts show up on eBay from time to time.

The seats need to be narrower then usual. The passenger side is narrower than the driver's side. The thickness of the bottom should be short, or else you will sit too high. My current favorite is the Mazda Miata seats, which can be found in the auto salvage yards.

The passenger seat was often an option on these old trucks, so it might not be "missing."

You have the optional five-window truck, which usually comes with a deluxe interior.

Thu May 02, 2013 4:26 am
Profile WWW

Great, thanks guys for the info,,, I will hopefully be picking up truck this week or next.. I will be bugging you guys for more info once I really see what is all needed. Thanks again

Thu May 02, 2013 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]