View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 1964 Econoline van 

I've decided to sell my Econoline Van. It is a "Display Body" Windows down the passenger side, plain on the drivers side. This van has been sitting for about six years but before it was parked I did extensive work to it. The van has about 2000 miles on it since the work was performed. The work included:
New wheel cylinders, new brake shoes, all new brake small parts kits, rebuilt master cylinder with Stainless Steel sleeve, new rubber brake lines, new front brake drums and silicone brake fluid.
It has a 9" rear end and I rebuilt the differential with 3.50 gears and new bearings. The axles were rebuilt with new bearings and seals.
The transmission was rebuilt with new bearings, shafts and seals and the drive shaft received new universal joints. New clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing. New starter and ring gear and the flywheel was turned.
The engine was replaced with a new rebuilt 300ci six cylinder. The engine also received a new water pump, alternator, carburetor, new electronic distributor and computer, plugs, plug wires, belts, all hoses and a recored radiator. The wiring harness was also rebuilt.
New defroster hoses were installed. New ignition and headlight switches were also installed. Headlights and taillights were repaired as needed. New heater hoses. The shifter bushings were replaced with new ones, shifts smooth! The Kingpins were also replaced.
ALL OF THE ABOVE REPAIRS WERE DONE WITH EITHER FACTORY REBUILT PARTS OR BRAND NEW PARTS! No junkyard parts used.

The vans body is rust free as it spent most of it's previous life as a Florida van. All the doors were replaced with doors from a van with only 20,000 miles. The steering box and column were also replaced with the one from the 20,000 mile van. The seats are from the same low mileage van. The van also received a brand new windshield and gasket.
I had not started the body work before I parked it. The body has some damage below the lower body seam on the drivers side behind the door. It's a gash about 12" long with a dent. It has been covered with a piece of sheet metal pop riveted on. It won't be much of a job to fix. There are a couple of other small dents also.
Also included in the sale are a set of four Cragar SS wheels that I was going to install.
Price, $3200 I can be reached through email, private message or telephone at 423 626 8236

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Where is the van?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 pm
Profile WWW

The van is in Tazewell Tennessee. That's about an hour north of Knoxville TN.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Here's some pictures

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mtnman37879/library/Witte

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]